Wednesday, September 23, 2020

20 going on 30 (Part 4): Court Process

 After Finally being released: 

Well Once I got out and got into the car this was where everything began. As I expected I had to hear how upset my mom was among all of the scrambling and even the emotions where they took me away and locked me up. Man I really expected my mom to yell at me but the only thing I didn't expect was what she was going to say including my brother being there. As my brother told me "They would not have done what they done to you." Well he did had a good point as I was warned about this. But I never knew what I was warned about would be happening. Well It did happen and the return home after a nice delicious meal at Wendy's and finally no longer eating Jail Food. So I was glad even though My mom told me that did you know I was on the news and My Brother explained how I end up on the news was the fact that they showed my face at every opportunity and many of my friends saw me on Newspapers even Television. My Dad also saw me on Television and he was in complete shock! Well As I went back home the beginning of everything was about to begin. 




The Return Home and The Changes:

So It has been nearly a Month and Half After Moving into our 2nd Apartment in Massachusetts, well returning home and things were beginning to turn a huge ton upside down. I was put on pretrial and had conditions and well my family made sure I was following it to a T. And even making sure I do not get into any trouble whatsoever well it was a new thing and it really hit hard I could not return to school. I had an intense conversation well really I listened or hear as my Mom and My brother talked and on top of that it was very unsettling as I rot in guilt and also fear. For a number of Months we had to go back in forth in court I had to say it was tough cause we were stuck in the unpredictable and our backs are practically on the wall. Well As I was going to a bed on the temporary new normal it was even included my other brother was moving in with me as it seemed like there was a debacle where he used to live as indeed it was with our older brother he did live with. So The beginning was rough as my eldest brother scolded me through the phone about the situation and then hung up on me. As I was expecting that to happen I was angry and even bummed on just the start of all of it on how everyone was infuriated and basically damaged even though I struggle to be glad to be free from jail even though it came at a very serious Price. Being at home and only being with someone to make sure I am not in any accusations or situations where it could lead me back to jail. Everyone was on their toes so it was understandably a very uptight situation.




How did I felt at the time? 

Well The Beginning of the Pre-Trial Procedure had me feeling trapped and feeling very mopey and very sulky. I was rotting in Guilt. It felt like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Episode where Will Confess to his Uncle that the pill that Carlton took was from his locker and Uncle Phil yelled at him for it as earlier in the episode He yelled at his son Carlton as he was in the hospital for taking the pills, so late in the episode after Will's Confession Uncle Phil forced him to apologize to the whole family, as Will apologize he even cried at the end. So As I was just thinking that there was a part of me that wanted to cry. Everytime I come to church I could not do my usual greetings for a while as I could not give hugs and on top of that I only at minimum could give pounds. Especially with the case going on and could not talk about as it could be used against us. Man I was stressed I always talked to my brother about this after church and was very nervous. I had strong imagination of me going to jail or even being in prison or also Becoming a Registered Sex Offender. I was very nervous and Much of My nights I was in bed sleeping with my heart Pounding and everything feeling unpredictable there was a point where Guilt and Nervousness Turn to Frustration and then Hope so it was a complete roller coaster. 




The Court Process 

So We have been going back and forth and even were meeting individually with the evidence that was served to us. The meeting at my lawyer's office did start with the 3 charges that I was facing and the possible consequences if I was pleaded guilty as in which I could be a Registered Sex Offender for nearly 20 years. Even face possible jail time. I had no Criminal History or even had ever been sentenced. Well as The Court Meeting began back in November 2014 was a pretrial and Judge told me if I did not show up I would be Sentenced to 3 Months with NO Bail at before going to court I thought it would be the official trial. As the Court Case Progress there was a time where we were getting evidence and even how the Investigation really went down thanks to a great family friend that has been helping us who is a lawyer. So indeed the investigation involved which did include the victim and even how the investigation progressed over the Last 2 weeks before I was arrested. So The investigation was a lot different than I was expected and even how the Victim explained the identity and the time of the incident. It turned to be a lot different than I thought and I even thought there was a written report. So We eventually met with the Investigator and he asked me plenty of questions after paying the Investigator. Well I have been feeling a huge string of  hope and on top of that confidence that we may win this case as indeed I have feeling a little bit more better, but still tense and on my toes. So after Gathering all the evidence and even having a string of pre-trials as the case begins to drag as it develops awkwardly and very frustratingly, we finally got to the point where we officially had our hearing and after failing to have our hearing especially when the alleged victim was here and basically we had to hide and avoid contact and even My family had to protect me as well. Luckily there was not a point where we had to proceed with the case the victim had to be involved. There was a point where she almost see us but like I said It was great my family protected me from seeing her or even her mom. Well We came back a week later and then we finally had our hearing after having a delicious Lunch Break. One thing I did Learn from our Lunch Break is looking back when Our Family friend Lawyer Had to advocate for my mom when we were living in an Old Apartment that was taken over by a new company that was giving my mom a hard time. Seeing how The Lawyer was tough but fair. I remembered She told me The Reason She was Tough, but fair and the reason was in her words, "They were bullying your mom." Well It was good she shows how she fought back. Well As this is was the tip of the Iceberg of what to expect in court.....

No comments:

Post a Comment