Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Happy Women's History Month! Keep Striving

Women's History Month I feel is a very exciting Month. Learning about what the women have accomplished and even the challenge they went through from so many decades, yes there was a battle of racism around the same time as sexism. Seeing different types of women make a huge impact is quite amazing, and there has been many in the many decades we have lived in. I even posted a blog post about women's history month and even related to a Nike commercial where they talked about being Emotional, Crazy etc. Relatable terms where I can even relate so I can understand what it means to be crazy in so many different ways and even when you show intensity and do something larger than life especially when you become radical and strike fear and impact on many others.

Image result for womens history month 2020      Image result for womens history month 2020


For Women who are making the most major impact it has started out in getting in the Men's field whether it is being in the Military, or flying an airplane, or even being involved in voting or even Speaking out in advocating for Women's Rights. Even Showing many types of Courage and boldness and at a point where they refused to back down especially when it came to a point where it really started a Boycott. They end up in a chain of discrimination alongside the racism. When it comes to a sort of  challenge and stereotype or just a belief oh oh you can't do it because of your appearance or whoever you are.

One of the big places in the Men's field that has become very common where women can make a major impact is in Sports and now it has became a point where they are becoming coaches not just in Women's sports but also in Men's sports as well. Especially a little after 2 decades when the WNBA made their debut and I remembered as a kid I asked my brothers do women or girls play basketball, and then my question was answered when I end up seeing them on TV. When I was in Middle School I saw some sports played by women where I would see some of the teams be coached by Men which seems interesting also some of the teams be coached by women. But the new interesting I would love to see is seeing a Mens Sports team especially basketball, and it began where we had a female assistant coach in The NBA D-League and then in College Football but then it really sparked when there was 2 female assistant coaches in the Major League where it happened in the respective sports of the NFL and The NBA.

 Image result for NBA Dleague female assistant coach  Image result for NBA Dleague female assistant coach Image result for College football female coachImage result for Katie Sowers  

The Female assistant coach I really want to talk about is that she is the coach of The San Fransisco 49ers and her name is Kate Sowers, who served as the offensive coordinator for the 49ers. I wanted to talk about her because seeing her in a commercial and on top of that just like wow she is the coach for The Successful 49ers in the 2019 season and on top of that grabbing the opportunity to become a football coach the job she has been striving for. It was interesting to see her in a commercial but I was like wow she is a female assistant coach that is insane I at times wonder if she is in Madden as well. I really am excited to hear about her making the accomplishment and even be a huge part in the Superbowl and I was hoping she was the first female coach to win the Super Bowl.


Katie Sower grew up with the joy and passion of playing football growing up with her twin sister and even her neighbor friends as she made phone calls to orchestrate a football game in a competitive fashion.  She grew up playing basketball in high school and college as a 4 year star athlete,and on top of that played Volleyball and Track and Field. She grew up in an athletic family as her dad was a college basketball coach. As her College Career concluded she vie for a coaching spot in Football, and even played football in a female football league until she was forced to retire due to a hip injury. On the bright side she got to finisher her career with a Championship from the WFA. The Next Chapter in her Football Career was partaking as an intern for The Atlanta Falcons before joining the San Fransisco 49ers. Even the fact that became the First Female Assistant and even Openly Gay Female Assistant Coach To be in the Super Bowl.






  


Seeing this Commercial and realizing that Katie Sowers was a female coach for a winning team is phenomenal. Seeing her commercial on becoming the one and even taking leadership of some sort.  "Not trying to be the best female coach, I am trying to be the best coach" What really stood out to me Striving to be past the gender role and just striving to be the best role that you are in PERIOD! No Matter the race or gender, where I stand with my own challenges it goes beyond the gender it goes beyond the setbacks even with Katie when she faced rejection getting the job as a coach or even playing on the football team with boys even. Battling rejection and being looked down upon is the biggest opponent you have to battle to win against other opponents not just in games but in life PERIOD! I have to say congratulations Katie Sowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment