Friday, August 30, 2019

My moment of toughness

So It has been over a Month since I competed in a wrestling tournament and I really felt for myself I was really glad to get the opportunity to wrestle and compete in the tournament which is called the Bay State Games. And for me to wrestle after almost 7 years of not wrestling I was really glad and super glad to get back into wrestling once again.  Well you can say 5 years really because I went to a wrestling practice at the high school I wrestled at and it was really great. For me to be a big part of the tournament and even came to a wrestling practice in Brockton at a wrestling Club has revisit me and other to see the craft of wrestling is about and even see my own passion of doing wrestling. I really enjoyed wrestling despite all the hard work and effort and energy there is put into wrestling.


When I was in high school I originally tried out for the basketball team and well the tryouts kind of felt like practice, I was really happy to get the opportunity to try out for the team but I wasn't height material or basketball material but at first I was skeptical at doing wrestling but eventually it grew on me and I began to persevered despite my insecurities of winning any matches and seeing how I have been winning even the practice were kind of bizarre because there wasn't a lot of competitors on the team even though a lot has signed up to become teammates of the wrestling team. I remembered my first wrestling practice learning the moves and the techniques like for example learning reversals and even positions of facing our opponents and learning grappling and take down techniques as well. In my first match it was really put to the test and then I lasted quite a bit but I end up getting pinned and didn't last the full first round, and then the next few matches as the season went on I had progressed and on top of that I even build my endurance lasting more periods especially in even the invitational meets. When I wrestled the captain of the wrestling team against Walpole high school, it was a great opportunity to go for something challenging and notable for myself. So there was another match against the high school called Wellesley High School against a wrestler I almost won but unfortunately lost, and did phenomenal. Framingham I was annihilated and then Braintree I finally got my 1st pin, and for me all the hard work and doubt and even the patience I had to go through I thought it was one of the great things I had to wait for and even my history teacher applauded me for finally getting my first pin. Unfortunately I lost two matches in the sectional tournament but hey I was very proud to get to wrestle this great season and on top of that failing to make the basketball team which led me to end up doing another sport I like.


I end up going to college in downtown LA and then low and behold I end up doing Collegiate Wrestling at East Los Angeles College I was out of shape doing the summer training but I end up going on a major strict diet where I ate plain oatmeal with either water or Gatorade, and then I even had salad with chicken and even had pure water yeah just water and it has been really helping. I come into practice not looking forward to it and not as ecstatic but however I still come into practice expecting resilience and on top of that I just persevere and push myself and one thing I did not realize is how much weight I loss just continuing disciplining myself and even coming to practice early and not late sometimes way too early and quite frankly I enjoy being here early or even hanging out as well the only biggest problem was staying focused on school and my assignments I used to be too irresponsible as a student. But as an athlete I did alright and I felt like I was really persevering, but I had endurance issues but I was really good at pushing through, and staying strong. The running, the push-ups the wrestling drills, oh man even the extra conditioning where we had to do extra push-ups because of a messy locker room oh man how did I persevere do 100 Push-ups, well it was about not thinking about being tired and really thinking about what is going on on the other side. There were times we had to extra conditioning where we do mountain climbers which was another tough drill, but still got through it. For me to do exercising well I'll tell you it seemed like it really paid off because I really learned how to workout very differently and on top of that dieting even though I fell off of it after the season ended was a huge benefit when I was on the diet and even lost great weight and gained muscle. Before the season started I was extremely out of shape and was not exercising the right way or was even more aggressive on my workouts and even began new workout habits especially at the gym I usually go to in LA which was named LA Fitness, and well it seemed like I learned a lot fitness wise even revealing my untapped potential as well and even wrestling wise showing toughness and dealing with uncomfortable situations where you have to persevere just like when I did the paper route.

So It led me to 5 years after getting involved in a wrestling practice in a high school where I used to wrestle,  it was a great experience especially performing and visiting where you wrestled and even be practicing with them. I really enjoyed having practice and even performing the moves and seeing the impact my old wrestling coach has made coaching a successful wrestling team. I had cold feet about being a coach, but overtime I learned this is my real passion and it is something I really feel that can really fit me. So after the hiatus from Wrestling I heard someone talked about a summer tournament which happens in Boston and it is yearly, so I got the scoop and looked it up and even found out the name of the tournament which was the Bay State Games. My experience in the Bay State Games was very thrilling and exciting even though I has to wrestle in tight wrestling sneakers I was really happy to have wrestle and even had the opportunity to compete in the tournament. Even after going to the wrestling club in Brockton, and practicing with them and even feeling rusty. Re discovering and even developing aggression in the sport of wrestling.  I got to say it was a pleasure restoring and storing all my assertiveness as well. At the bottom I can show you my matches from the Bay State Tournament:



No comments:

Post a Comment