So a little over a year ago The NBA basketball team The Portland Trail Blazers got eliminated from the playoffs as a 3rd Seed by the 6th Seed New Orleans Pelicans, in 4 games, YES in 4 games the high seeded team was swept by a lower seeded team? and the major question is how did they respond to that situation, the reason it is a major question is because They had a very big successful season with a very strong finish in which I, myself did not expect Portland to have such an explosive finish and finish how they did last year. For them to finish how they finish I'm sure there were high expectations, especially against a New Orleans team who was shorthanded of a big Player in Demarcus Cousins. So seeing the games and seeing how Portland did try to win and end up falling short in all the 4 games and got sent home in the first round I was very surprised to see that even happen and even where I was listening to songs from Dame D.O.L.L.A and seemed like I had high expectations from them, and was expecting hype from them, and even succeed in the playoffs with a ton of drive, and make it far in the playoffs and unfortunately that didn't happen and it seemed like the real journey began was when they began the off season and then where the long season on the journey to the playoffs.
On a podcast I heard from Trail Blazers basketball player CJ McCollum where he interviewed his teammate Damian Lillard on how he responded to the loss of getting swept well they used the off season to learn how to work harder and even work better. The way to work harder and better from what Damian Lillard said and I'll summarize it he had to look at why he got swept and he looked at himself and his team on what went wrong and what we can do better, and it even led to what he said in and interview and even in the old link where he said, "It's not like you can go back and play the series over again" which pertains to how to move on and use that to learn how to get better instead of letting the pain of the loss tear you down and end up feeling sorry for yourself and it really showed the reason why there is always another season there. Seeing how Damian Lillard moved on and really lived in the next season and focused on this years playoffs and really define what the battle for redemption is, and even displayed it. Seeing the turn around he made and even addressing it in the press conference was worth listening to.
The word Revamp was a big word I feel really resonates with me, because when I heard the Pull Up Podcast It is very interesting on how stoic and poised they were on how they are going to rebound from an embarrassing playoff elimination. It can be really hard to let that sit with you over the year but the thing I also learned is when they go through a painful experience, they try to build from it and even understand the experience of what it feels like to be on the toughest part of the journey. Those Parts I really listen to really shows why they continue to get back into the playoffs and continue to function as a strong team and even in the toughest conference which is the western conference. For them to display so much energy and resilient and fight really displays that they continue to work harder. How the team functions and the dedication to rebound next year and really work hard on what they want and focus on continuing what they want and not what they fail that last year and really channel that really values what you are continuing to fight for.
To talk about my experience well I remember back in 2009 when I gave a lousy research paper and man it just showed with all the help I had and resources I could've used but I was really honestly very lazy and didn't apply myself at all. I was very mad I got a bad grade and really hurt my grade in English class and I had to deal with the consequence of failing to meet the negotiation that my brother and I had, and apparently I reflected on that even now which it has been 10 years ago, and I looked back and I asked myself, "Why did I not put in any effort and take advantage of opportunity to get the help and resource you need when it knocks?" So a year later when I moved to LA, and I only spent a semester in High School and already started college, and when I was assigned a research paper and ironically I end up devoting more time doing the research paper, and even attending the workshops and taking advantage of the opportunities that was there to do better on the paper. Luckily enough I got my resources whether it was book or internet articles, it was quite an awesome experience just really rebounding from what I did last year to just taking more advantage and even getting a better grade than the paper I got last year which was just really applying yourself to get what you want and even what you are striving for.
So the reason I brought that up is instead of being mad of what has been done before and what you failed to do always strive to do better than what you did last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment