Monday, February 11, 2019

Do you have a dream?

Monday January 21, 2019 was a day the day of Martin Luther King honor called Martin Luther King day be known that the impact that he has made especially with his famous speech he did in front of the Lincoln Memorial which was a very memorable even and even making the best I have a dream speech which I remembered someone in my 6th grade class did the I have a dream speech which was the most memorable speech, and all of this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for all the obstacles whether it was discrimination or even Jim Crow, and even racial mistreatment. Well growing up and learning all these dark moments and even history was a very big moment. The Martin Luther King Speech was made possible because of all these intense situations including The Montgomery bus boycott, and even Rosa Parks refusing to go to the back of the bus after a long day of work and even with her feet hurting as well, and including numerous segregated areas where everyone was divided. The speech that took place in front of the Lincoln Memorial where Abraham Lincoln was honored after his death.

Martin Luther King had the most timeless and famous speech and it did started with quite a big movement and with the song we shall overcome, the speech started as Martin Luther King addressed the "Emancipation of Proclamation" where the black people were free from slavery and the slavery under the government system. Even where Martin Luther King said he had a dream where he addressed his family especially his children where they are not judged by their race but by what they represent and what they do. Even addressing he had a dream where kids and adults of all races join in Unity, this speech started where at first he did action where he was nonviolent, but very proactive in fighting for all equality and even integration and mainly Freedom.  I have a dream has made so much of an impact especially where he said, "Let Freedom Ring." How he took action was the speech he made and how the people who have listen and was observing and even listening to the message was so moved so much has changed, from the Lincoln speech to now the Martin Luther King speech. Martin Luther King Jr. was hugely rewarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The speech impacted so many others and apparently it was a very timeless, and even unforgettable event.

The reason of the title Do you have a dream? it is because I remembered growing up and when The Martin Luther King speech was playing on TV, and when my eldest brother was watching and got me and my other older brother to watch the biggest big speech of all time, and then when we hear the speech at the end I noticed what are they free from or even what happens from then. This was very eventful. I have so many dreams and aspirations even though my aspirations won't even touch Martin Luther King's aspirations. With courage and even strength and resilience, a lot of things can be possible and especially if you see a problem and you want it solved really anything is extremely possible. I learned even an assistant principal and a teacher from Elementary school where she grew up in the era where she had to eat ice cream outside in the hot sun and even witnessing all the protests and even using picket signs instead of retaliation, really fighting for equality even where we had a big assembly on MLK day or even before that. The song "We shall overcome" listening to her sing it and then hearing it before the Martin Luther King speech started send a great message where we can't sit there and let things rot we have to find a solution to the problem and do whatever it takes.

 I digress the purpose of the Title once again Do you have a dream? is well to honor Black History month, and this is the question I am starting to ask myself , I have been living so many pipe dreams and eventually I realized it will be and soon be about time to live and try and keep getting up and keep trying in order to make things happen. Seeing an incredible vision much like Martin Luther King did well he wasn't the first person and for sure wasn't the last and I realize, I or anyone else has a shot to make any impact they want to make possible. Anything you do has to be from the heart much like Martin Luther King do and on top of that you have to be driven which is something I am working on myself because great things can and could happen as well if you put your mind and energy into it as well much like Martin Luther King did. I always ask myself what dream do I have and what can I do not just being inspirational but even making something hard to make possible,be made possible. Hopefully soon you can feel free at last soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment